Gaza, 15 Muharram 1434/29 November 2012 (Press TV/MINA) – A senior Hamas official says Israelis will escape from the occupied lands if another war breaks out between the Palestinian resistance movement and the Tel Aviv regime.
Atallah Abu al-Sabah, the Hamas minister for prisoners, said in Gaza on Thursday, “The fabric of Israeli society has been torn apart in the face of the resistance’s strength.”
He added that thousands of Israeli citizens fled to the north to escape from the retaliatory rockets and missiles fired by Hamas during the recent war on the Gaza Strip.
Over 166 Palestinians, including women and children, were killed and about 1,300 others were injured in the Israeli attacks on Gaza that were carried out during the eight-day period of November 14-21.
In retaliation, the Palestinian resistance fighters incessantly fired rockets and missiles into Israeli cities, killing at least 19 Israelis.
The Tel Aviv regime will rely on short-term offensives “because it is not able to lead long-term wars of attrition,” Sabah said.
“Palestinian fighters fought with a strong belief and high morale, [while] the Israeli soldiers fought with a defeatist spirit.”
The Hamas minister also hailed the countries that supported the resistance movement during the Israeli war.
“Gaza has united the Arab nation and solidified its existence as a political entity.”
Sabah also quoted Hamas Political Bureau Chief Khaled Meshaal as saying that the resistance “will soon occur in the West Bank too.”
Meshaal had earlier attributed the absence of “resistance” in the occupied West Bank to “security pressure by all parties,” saying that the participation of Hamas in a ceasefire with the Tel Aviv regime was not meant to imply that the movement gave up “resistance to achieve the liberation of Palestine.”(T/R-011/R-006/R-002)