Ankara, 3 Rabiul Awwal 1434/15 January 2013 (Anadolu Agency/MINA) – Turkish Deputy Premier & government spokesman Bulent Arinc said that Interior Ministry would take required measures for the funerals of three Kurdish women in Turkey who had been killed in Paris.
Commenting on transfer of the bodies of the women to Turkey for their funerals, Arinc said that the funerals should not be turned into a big provocation.
Interior Ministry and related units will take necessary precautions. This issue should be approached from a humanitarian angle, Arinc told reporters after Council of Ministers meeting on Monday.
Three Kurdish women –Sakine Cansiz, Fidan Dogan and Leyla Soylemez– were found dead on Thursday at Kurdish Information Center in Paris, reportedly shot in the head –what appeared to be an execution-style killing. One of the victims was identified as Sakine Cansiz, one of the founding members of the terrorist PKK organization.
Turkish intelligence officials have been conducting talks with the PKK’s jailed leader Abdullah Ocalan, in a bid to disarm the PKK.
PKK is recognized as a terrorist organization also by the United States and the European Union.
The conflict between PKK and Turkish troops has cost thousands of lives since 1984.
Arinc said that it was not clear yet whether the bodies of the women would be brought to Istanbul or directly to Diyarbakir.
He warned that there could be marginal groups which would try to turn the funerals into a show, propaganda or a clash milieu.
Three women’s funerals will be held in Tunceli, Kahramanmaras and Diyarbakir provinces in Turkey upon demands by their families. The bodies are expected to be brought in Turkey on Wednesday. (T.R-014/R-006)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)