Jerusalem, 7 Rabiul Awwal 1434/19 January 2013 (MINA)– Israeli occupation army units removed late Wednesday the tents Palestinian activists had set up on Friday in the newly-founded village called Bab al-Shams, east of Jerusalem, in an area Israel refers to as E1, said the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC).
The Israeli High Court allowed the state to remove the tents after it had allowed the army earlier in the week to also remove the activists only two days after setting up their tent village, according to Palestinian news agency, WAFA report received by by Mi’raj News Agency (MINA), Saturday.
The activists returned to the village on Tuesday in spite of an army order declaring it a closed military zone and the army later blocked all roads to the site to prevent a return of the activists after evacuating them.
The activists wanted by building Bab al-Shams to stop Israeli seizure of the Palestinian land on which it plans to build a huge settlement.
The PRC said that Israeli soldiers blockaded the area while workers proceeded to remove the tents.
Residents of nearby al-Ziayyem said Israeli soldiers raided the area and closed all roads.
Palestinian officials condemned the removal of the activists and tents stressing that the destruction of Bab al-Shams will not be the end of the peaceful popular resistance against the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian land. (T/R-015/R-006).
MI’RAJ NEWS AGENCY (MINA)