Ramallah, 24 Rabiul Akhir 1434/6 March 2013 (MINA) – Israeli occupation forces on Tuesday (5/3) arrested six Palestinian at a raid house in West Bank. Two of them are citizens of Nablus.
Palestinian Wafa news agency sources quoted by Mi’raj News Agency (MINA) as saying that three residents among those arrested was former Israeli prisoner who had just come out of the Israeli prison.
Israeli settlers also uprooted around 80 olive trees that belong to Palestinian farmers from the village of Nahalin near the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem. Residents said that settlers from the nearby illegal settlement of Beit Ayin came and destroyed their trees. The Israeli did not give a statement related the raid house action. However, the situation in the West Bank is still not conducive following a massive demonstration on a recent few weeks.
Also near Bethlehem, a 17 year old boy was attacked by Israeli soldiers at the entrance of Beit Jala town on Monday night. Witnesses said that Mallak Adawi was on his way home when soldiers stopped him at what locals call the DCO military checkpoint and beat him up. Adawi was later moved to Bethlehem hospital for treatment.
In addition, Israeli troops also raided another house in Hebron by spirting tear gas in it. It causes shortness of breath to its residents so they have to be hospitalized.
Residents asked the international human rights activists to help them. This incident is not the first time happened. Farmers in Nahalin is highly dependent on the agricultural produce of the olive trees and fruits for their lives.
Israeli atrocities against the Palestinians has happened many times and so far there has been no reaction from the international community to stop the action. UN human rights just could only be condemned and denounced, without any real action to stop it. (T/P04/E1)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)