Al-Quds (Jerusalem), 28 Rabiul Akhir 1434/10 March 2013 (MINA) – The Aqsa Foundation for Endowment and Heritage said in statement on Saturday that the raid into Al-Aqsa Mosque by Israeli forces on Friday and the brutal attack on worshipers aim to intimidate the worshipers and reduce their number.
The foundation said that the occupation is trying through such raids and brutal attacks to destroy all projects supporting Al-Aqsa Mosque, and to transform it into a battlefield to intimidate anyone who thinks of going there, according to www.palestine-info.co.uk reports monitored byMi’raj News Agency (MINA), Sunday .
Based on its interpretation of this year’s escalating events, especially in the last week, the Aqsa Foundation confirmed that the recent Israeli practices have never been spontaneous or “reaction procedures”, because they show that the occupation is following a programmed plan to create an appropriate atmosphere for committing more attacks on Al-Aqsa Mosque.
The foundation has also asserted that the occupation’s oppressive measures will never affect people’s determination to defend and support Al-Aqsa Mosque, for it is one of the most important sanctities for Muslims.
For his part, Sheikh Abdel Azim Salhab, head of the Islamic Waqf Council in Jerusalem, denounced in a press remarks the break-ins of Al-Aqsa, by the occupation forces, “with no justification”.
“The youths were expressing their condemnation of the act of kicking a copy of the Holy Quran by an Israeli officer inside the mosque last Sunday, and MK Moshe Feiglin’s attempt to break into the Dome of the Rock,” he added.
He noted that Israel has turned the mosque and its surroundings into a military barrack, “which is contrary to the freedom of worship.”
Sheikh Salhab called on all Muslims to defend Al-Aqsa Mosque, saying: “We must give the issue of Al-Aqsa Mosque priority, given the dangers it has been facing, which are posed by the occupation forces.” (T/P02/E1)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)