Pyongyang, 6 Jumadil Awal 1434/17 March 2013 (MINA) – North Korea has accused the US and South Korea of carrying out cyber attacks against its internet servers on a daily basis.
“It is nobody’s secret that the US and the South Korean puppet regime are massively bolstering up cyberforces in a bid to intensify the subversive activities and sabotages against the DPRK [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea],” state news agency KCNA said in an official report on Friday, adding that such “hostile” forces should be held accountable.
KCNA said that the country’s internet servers were subject to “daily intensive and persistent virus attacks,” according to Press TV report monitored By Mi’raj News Agency (MINA).
Seoul has denied the accusations while Washington has not yet commented on the matter.
Also, the broadband Internet provider for North Korea says the source of the virus attack remains unclear.
Reports on Friday said that Pyongyang test-fired short range missiles amid growing tensions over its third nuclear test earlier this year.
North Korea’s Foreign Ministry has also said that a second Korean war is unavoidable.
The accusations come as the US and South Korea have been carrying out joint military drills in the southwest of the Korean Peninsula.
On March 11, Seoul and Washington launched a week-long annual joint military exercise near the Korean Peninsula despite warnings from Pyongyang, which condemned the maneuvers as a launch pad for a “nuclear war.”
Reacting to the war game, North Korea announced on March 13 that it had scrapped the 1953 armistice and peace pacts signed with Seoul. (T/P012)
MI’RAJ NEWS AGENCY (MINA)