Kabul, 23 Jumadil Akhir 1434/2 May 2013 (MINA) – According to local authorities in western Farah province of Afghanistan, a senior Taliban leader was killed along with two Iranian citizens in this province.
Provincial governor spokesman Abdul Rahman Zhwandai confirming the report said the individuals were killed during an airstrike in Deh-Ishq village at Pushtrod district.
Zhwandai further added, eight more militants were killed during the air raid conducted on Wednesday (1/5) evening, the Khaama Press quoted by Mi’raj News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
Farah is among the volatile regions in western Afghanistan where fighters are openly operating in a number of its districts, and the province has witnessed a number of deadly attacks by fighters during the recent months including a coordinated attack by Taliban fighters.
In the meantime provincial governor spokesman Zhwandai said the Taliban leader Mullah Qadir was killed along with the other fighters including the Iranian citizens while they were looking to move from the Bala Bolok district.
Mullah Qadir is accused of the deadly attacks which took place in Farah province recently.
According to reports, two vehicles used by the militants were destroyed following the airstrike.
Taliban set to employ new military tactics
Taliban fighters say they have launched a coordinated attack against the largest US base in Afghanistan’s south.
The militant group said on Saturday that a new wave of offensives would begin on April 28, adding that they were set to employ new military tactics.
Earlier on Sunday, three Afghan policemen were killed after a roadside bomb ripped through their patrol vehicle in Afghanistan’s central-eastern province of Ghazni.
The summer offensive under the code name of “Khalid bin Walid”, special military tactics will be used to attack foreign military across the country including use of insider attacks by militants who are based inside the military institutions, the statement further added.
The media reported taliban in its statement also added that diplomatic institutions and airfields will be the main targets of the Taliban fighters where coordinated attacks will be launched by Taliban fighters and bombers.
Taliban in its statement also urged to strictly prevent civilian casualties and called on ordinary civilians to prevent from commuting near the foreign troops military bases, residence and stop working for the foreign military.
Taliban also urged Afghan security forces to prevent serving under the current Afghan regime led by president Hamid Karzai in a bid to be safe from the Taliban fighters target.
The United States and its allies invaded Afghanistan in October 2001 as part of Washington’s so-called war on terror. (T/P09/E1).
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA).