October 9-10, the delegation of dozen countries held a meeting in Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia, discussing Palestinian issue and the real action of the participants towards the independent of the occupied country.
The meeting was organized by the Asian Muslim Scholars (AMS) in cooperation with the Malaysian Consultative Council for Islamic Organization (MAPIM), Secretariat For Ulama ‘Assembly of Asia (SHURA), and the Global People Welfare Organization of Malaysia (SEJAGAT).
The conference discussed several topics, including the real support of resistance and emphasized the importance of jihad to fight for Palestinian territorial independence from the Zionist occupation.
The conference also produce a draft on an action plan for the liberation of Al-Aqsa Mosque and Palestine. Here’s the full text:
THE SHAH ALAM DECLARATION ON PALESTINE AND AL AQSA
18 – 19 Muharram 1439 H / 9 -10 th October 2017 M
Surah Isra : 1
سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَى بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلاً مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ
Surah Ali Imran : 103
وَاعْتَصِمُواْ بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلاَ تَفَرَّقُواْ وَاذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنتُمْ أَعْدَاء فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُم بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَانًا وَكُنتُمْ عَلَىَ شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِّنَ النَّارِ فَأَنقَذَكُم مِّنْهَا كَذَلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ
We , participants in the Asian Muslim Scholars Conference on Liberating Palestin and Al Aqsa on the 18- 19 Muharam 1439H / 9 – 10 th October 2017 in Shah Alam , Selangor , Malaysia , organized by the Malaysian Secretariate for Palestine : a collaboration with the Malaysian Consultative Council of Islamic Organization ( MAPIM ) , Secretariat for the Ulama Assembly of Asia ( SHURA ) , Persatuan Sejagat Malaysia and Citizens International ) attended by delegates from Malaysia , Indonesia, Palestine , Iran , Palestine , Egypt , Jordan , Syria , Lebanon and Cambodia from 20 organizations :
- Reaffirming the struggle for the liberation of Palestine and Al Aqsa is a duty for all Muslims and it should be given utmost attention,
- Aware that the 70 years of Israel occupation of Palestine initiated by the 1917 Belfour Declaration has prevailed until today is because of the disunity and betrayal of some of the the Muslims leaders. That the elements of racisme and nationalisme , departing away from the true Islamic teachings, and deep vested interest to cling to wealth and power, have derailed the ummah from focussing on advancing the cause of Islam ,
- Fully aware of the more than 10 years of blockade on the Gaza strip by Israel must be addressed by putting pressure on all international agencies to act on Israel dan Egypt to end the siege immediately.
- Confirming that the only way to free Palestin and Masjid Al Aqsa is through strengthening the ummah unity and persistently galvanizing effort to work in unison to resist all anti Islam and conspiracies to divide and subjugate the ummah, is a crime against intenational law and a blatant human rights violation
- Having cognizant of the continuing occupation of the Zionist Jews on the Palestinian land and the illegal intrusion of Baitul Maqdis and Masjid Al Aqsa,
- Reiterating that Al-Aqsa Mosque which Israel annexed following its invasion in 1967 , is a move never recognised by the international community – as part of its subsequent military occupation of the West Bank,
- Knowing that the world and the Muslim ummah are still not acting effectively on the Israeli military and armed settler incursions have resulted in Palestinian deaths and injuries in recent years in particular. Muslim access to the religious site has also been tremendously limited by the army.
- Consciuos of the relentless effort by Jewish settlers and Zionist organisations that have called for complete Jewish control over the Al Aqsa Mosque compound , Jewish groups’ incursions into the mosque compound have continuously led to Palestinian protests across the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip.
- Reaffirming that the existence of Israel is illegal and its prevailing occupation on the Palestine land must be resisted and therefore any effort to recognize Israel as a legitimate state is a betrayal to the Islamic and human struggle and must be condemned,
- Aware of the role of the western powers especially the US and some leaders and governments of the Muslim countries who working shoulder to shoulder with them, are the key factor that has given the Israeli the unrestricted licence to raid , occupy , destroy , evict , torture , kill and arrest resisting Palestinian movements,
- Realizing that the recent unwarranted severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by the Saudi led coalitions is in actual fact intended to crush the Palestinian resistance movement,
Declare that :
- We call on all the Muslim leaders in the OIC to stop being tools of the western powers and refocuss their resources on the need for building ummah unity to address the challenges faced by the ummah.
- Demand that the destruction by the proxy wars launched in Syria , Iraq , Yemen and Lebanon must be halted , all efforts must be geared to resolve the conflicts with the understanding that all parties must not be trapped by the hegemony of the western powers and the Zionist agenda.
- Urge that the diplomatic relations between the GCC Muslim states that has been severed by the Saudi and UAE led campaign must be resumed and all efforts to strenthen the unity of Muslim countries must be the top priotiy agenda in order to achive the liberation of Masjid Al Aqsa and Palestine.
- Demand that the UN must enforce its ruling on Israel as an apartheid state through the resolutions passed in the UNGA and UNSC and all the other UN agencies. All countries must take the initiatives to cut off ties with Israel to put pressure on the Israeli regime . The ESCWA report must be highlighted as an important document to act against Israel.
- Call on all the Muslim scholars and Islamic movement activists to work in unison in defense of Al Aqsa Syarif and to free Palestine by mobilzing every available resourses : expertise , intellectual capacity, funding , media , networking , publication ect. Muslim Scholars are urge to work persistently on Ummah Unity and to contribute to developing a true understanding of Islam towards dispelling the campaigns and advocacies by secular and anti Islamic elements.
We declare , through a sustained and serious commitment to realize our strategic plan of action within the nest 12 month :
- Launch a mass mobilization and public campaign to support the struggle of the Palestinians and to register our solidarity with the cause of liberating the Palestinian land and Masjid Al Aqsa. Guidelines and campaign materials for Ngos will be developed and distributed to all levels of the Ngos Activists.
- To establish a task force to develope an educational curriculum that incorporate the elements of Masjid Al Aqsa Syarif and ummah consciousness in the teaching and learning process in the schools and universities .
- To focuss on a correct infomation dissemination to the public on all related Palestinian and the Masjid Al Aqsa issues as a step to conscientize the public and to counter the false information and propaganda by the Zionist movement. Two projects called MyAqsa and Asian Center for Al Aqsa and Palestine will be the potential project that will be attempted . Galeries for exhibition will be established in as many locations as possible.
- To pursue further on working to establish a strong Islamic Media collaboration and organize workshops that will coordinate media campaign on the Aqsa and Palestinian issues.
- To collaborate effectively with the BDS Campaigns against Israel at all levels and to effectively broadcast the campaign to every civil society organization and engage with goverments and multi national coorporations that are having deals with Israel related trades.
- To launch a global masjid-base movement the Tahaaluf Masaajid Al Alami Lil Difa’ Masjid Al Aqsa ( World Alliance of Masjid in Defense of Masjid Al Aqsa ) . This project will advance the call to defend and Free Al Aqsa from every Muslim community at all levels .
- To convene a special meeting of civil societies to act on the ESCWA Report : create the International Anti Apartheid Advocacy group , organize demonstrations …ect.
- To coordinate and improve the deliverence of humanitarian and relief assistance by Islamic movements and Ngos in support of Palestinian victims , freedom fighters and murobitun.
- To give focus on the role of the youth in the Palestinian cause with sufficient exposure and training as volunteers in executing a sustained campaign for the Palestinian and Al Aqsa struggle.
- To organize an effective womens movement in the struggle for the Palestinian liberation and to project their role as important component in the struggle. In any activities at every level of the struggle , the women’s role must be highlighted and be given prominence.
- To give particular attention to the plight of the millions of Palestinian refugees especially in camps that hosting them that are in a very atrociuos conditions.(L/R04/RE1)